As I snuck a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup from my daughter’s Halloween candy, it made me wonder if our patients put their dental team on a pedestal. Surely, we must not drink coffee, eat candy, or forget to floss! But the truth is, we do.
Our practice is a judgment-free zone. We are not only a highly skilled team, but we are also actual people with our own flaws and guilty pleasures. As I sip on my second cup of coffee of the day, I smile because I know my appointment for Zoom Whitening with Dr. Ahmed and her team is around the corner. Whiter teeth, here I come!
So how exactly does teeth whitening work to defeat those yellow teeth?
At Old Town Smiles in Alexandria, Virginia, we offer ZOOM 2 technology for in-office teeth whitening, as well as custom take-home trays for patients to use in the comfort of their own homes. Dare we say, it’s one of our patients’ easiest and favorite services we offer! Highly predictable results with little to no discomfort.
The ZOOM 2 technology uses a light-activated whitening gel that enhances results when combined with an overhead LED light. For take-home treatments, the patient is provided with a customized set of trays, personalized instructions, and gel to administer the product when it is convenient for them.
Both treatments are highly effective but for the best possible results, we often recommend a combination of the two treatments. You will be given multiple options at your consultation, where one of our skilled technicians will review all your options and what would be best for your particular situation. We pride ourselves on our highly customized approach.
So why go to a professional when you can just buy Crest whitening strips at CVS?
- More uniform results: Drugstore whitening strips may work well on one tooth, but not as well on the next, leaving patients with a potentially mismatched grin.
- Increased strength: Over-the-counter whitening agents can only utilize a small amount of peroxide, the ingredient that works to whiten the teeth. This typically only works for patients with minimum staining.
- Immediate results: Not only are the results dramatic, but with our ZOOM 2 technology, patients can walk out of the office up to ten shades lighter in less than two hours.
- Long lasting: Professional teeth whitening lasts longer than drugstore brands and is often used in combination with custom take-home whitening trays to extend the results for many years.
- Protects gums: With our in-office treatment, Dr. Ahmed and her team will place a protective cover over the gums to minimize gum sensitivity or gum discoloration. Our at-home trays are specifically designed to fit the patient’s individual mouth, so that the gel won’t affect the gums.
- Safe: Teeth whitening by a trained professional dentist is the safest method available.
Now what? Did the flawed yet brilliant team at Old Town Smiles convince you that Professional Teeth Whitening is for you?
Well, these are your next steps!
Give us a call at 703-836-7000 to schedule your consultation appointment. If you are a new patient, don’t forget to ask about our New Patient Exam Special.
We look forward to guiding you towards a healthier, brighter and whiter smile!
The Coffee-Loving Team at Old Town Smiles